Days: 1-2 sessions per week, flexible
Location: In the community
What is the role?
Community Action Volunteering covers a range of support for people in our community at difficult times in their lives. Whether you are volunteering face-to-face or remotely, helping get new projects started or assisting with the day-to-day running of the programme, everything we do in Community Volunteering is about connecting people together.
What will I be doing?
Depending on the individual’s needs and interests, tasks may include:
Befriending / Companionship
- Light touch emotional support.
- One-off social support.
- Practical tasks, such as shopping, making tea, gardening etc.Administration.
- Day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Regular check-ins with beneficiaries and volunteers.
- Assisting with publicity, training and promotional materials.Community Navigator.
- Linking with community groups and partners to identify opportunities for the Hospice.
- Attending community networking events.
- Helping beneficiaries to connect with community groups and events.
- Conducting needs assessments.
- Signposting beneficiaries to other services.
- Advising the Compassionate Communities team of any concerns or information that may not have been picked up on.