We understand the impact that a palliative diagnosis can have on patients and their partners, relatives and friends. That’s why we have Yvette and Philippa, our dedicated Social Workers to offer practical advice and emotional support.
Our Social Work team can support with:
- Advice re finance and welfare support
- Emotional support for the patient and those caring for them
- Support to families with talking to children
- Signposting therapeutic support for children
- Information and signposting legal, will, guardianship and Lasting Power of Attorney queries
- Liaising with external agencies to get the support you need
The Social Work team are available to visit patients staying with us at the Hospice and can also offer home visits and outpatient appointments.
If you are concerned about a patient or those supporting them, please contact our Telephone Support Line.
If you are caring for a person with a life limiting, progressive condition, our Social Workers can offer a range of advice and support, to ensure you are cared for too. You do not need to be officially recognised as a carer – our definition is anyone, including family and friends, who are supporting a patient to do their normal daily activities.
How can I access support for Carers?
If your friend or family member is known to us, you can self-refer by calling our Telephone Support Line.