At St Michael’s Hospice, we are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients and their families. As a member of our clinical team, you will have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those we serve.
We are looking for night shift nurses/nurse associates who are passionate about palliative care and have transferable nursing skills and experience. You will be able to build a natural and trusted rapport with patients and families, and provide compassionate care and support to those who need it most.
Our ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, sound judgement, and a real commitment to patient-centred interdisciplinary team working. You will be able to openly and honestly support people with sensitive topics including loss, grief and dying.
While palliative care experience is desirable, it is not essential to join our Hospice team as a Registered Nurse or Registered Nurse Associate. We welcome newly graduated nurses, nurses interested in part-time (day or night shift) or bank work, and nurses with experience in other fields interested in a career change.
We invite you to spend the day with us to meet the team and gain insight into how you can make a difference to patients and their families by joining St Michael’s Hospice
At St Michael’s Hospice, we are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive work environment for our employees. We offer a range of benefits to ensure that our employees feel valued and supported, including:
- A good pension scheme with the option to continue any existing NHS pension scheme membership
- Benenden Health membership
- Up to 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Subsidised employee meals and free refreshments
- Free parking
- Supportive supervision and a proactive Education Department to support with your continued professional development including preceptorship if you are newly qualified
- Access to the Blue Light card scheme and its discounts
- A Golden Hello payment which will start on successful completion of your 6 month probation
- Enhancements for nights/weekends
To apply for this position please complete an application form. Please note CVs will not be accepted. We can make information about the vacancy available in alternative formats (for example, large print) on request, and we will consider applications in alternative formats (for example, electronically) if required, in which case please contact the HR team.
Please note if a vacancy is part time the salary will be pro rata.