Virtual Balloon Race
From: Monday, 24 April, 2017 at 09:00
Till: Monday, 24 April, 2017 at 17:00
Reach for the virtual skies to raise money for the Hospice!
The virtual balloon race mimics a real race and is programmed to use current weather information to ensure the balloons move according to prevailing wind patterns. Fundraisers can also choose balloon colours and decorate them ahead of their release.
The balloon race will take place from Monday 24th April 2017, people will be able to track the progress of their balloons, and sign up for the event online, we have some great prizes to be won:
- 1st prize: Hot Air Balloon Ride tickets for 4 people. Kindly donated by the CRAFT Lunch Club and offered at a charitable discount by www.adventureballoons.co.uk
- 1st runner up: a weekend’s free rental of a MINI Clubman. Kindly donated by Chandlers Hailsham MINI
- 2nd runner up: One year’s joint membership of the De La Warr Pavilion. Kindly donated by De La Warr Pavilion, in Bexhill on Sea
- 3rd runner up: 2 tickets for admission to the Jerwood Gallery. Kindly donated by Jerwood Gallery, Hastings
- 4th runner up: 2 tickets for child admission to Drusilla’s Park in Alfriston. Kindly donated by Drusilla’s Park Hastings
- 5th runner up: 4 tickets for a round of Crazy Golf at Hastings Adventure Golf on the sea front in Hastings Old Town
The virtual balloon race not only allows local charities to raise money without a considerable negative effect on wildlife, but also reduce event costs to make sure the funds go the people who need them.
As Kate Wellesley from our Fundraising team explained "Real balloon races using helium filled latex balloons have been seen as responsible for a growing number of deaths to sea birds, turtles and other animals when they, the latex balloons, eventually fall back to Earth after accidents or losing their helium gas".
We saw the virtual balloon race as the perfect eco-friendly alternative. The virtual event also allows us to keep event costs to a minimum, helping us to make sure that as much money of possible goes to help the people we work with. We hope that as many people as possible will take part in the event.
This event is very generously sponsored by General Dynamics UK.
Event Location - Launch at the Hospice